Les Roches Rouges, St. Raphaël, France 2018
Riomaggiore, Italy 2016
- Rearranging the store and the art online and in my home is oddly cathartic for me. I suspect I have some sort of undiagnosed creative OCD where I feel settled in my soul when art is in its rightful place.
- I practice yoga 3 times a week. Getting to a class this summer has been tough so I put the YOGAmazing app on my phone and have been getting into the specialized sessions
- Meditation twice daily, if you can’t get into this try an app or get in touch with Théo Burkhardt, he thought me Vedic meditation almost a decade ago and I’ve been elevating my practice since
- Reading. I have embarrassingly gone from the kid that read 10 books a month and would carry whatever too-heavy-tome I was into at the moment on the subway and to airports and now since I spend a lot of time in the studio I have been very deep into audiobooks and podcasts. This summer I took some time to write down some titles I had been meaning to pick up and I am actually reading them. I have also vowed to READ all of my coffee table books before bringing more home. I didn’t realize how inspiring this process would be, but I am loving it.
- Here are a few titles I am enjoying: The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut, The Path Made Clear by Oprah Winfrey, Daily Rituals By Mason Curry (I love this book and read it often), Life of the Party By Olivia Gatwood, The Seat of the Soul Gary Zukav, Stay Sexy & Don’t Get Murdered By Karen Kilgariff & Georgia Hardstark, Never Split The Difference By Chris Voss, Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid, My Year of Rest and Relaxation By Ottessa Moshfegh, Out East By John Glynn for a few titles.
- Staycationing has been something I have avoided since moving back home to Newport. I think partly because I was so busy and partly because I was vacationing elsewhere when I could. Recently I took my own advice to do some of the things I have recommended to so many tourists and shop visitors over the years and have carved out some time to spend on the Belafonte. I even have a slight hint of a tan.
- Painting. I think I have painted more this summer than in recent years combined. And last month my studio mate moved to a larger space and now my studio has become so much more productive and filled with work I did not know I had in me. I also did not realize the importance of space until I had more of it.
Cote d'Azur, 2017
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Let's keep in touch! XO Kristen